UPDATE APRIL 2020:
ALL OUR BICYCLES ARE NOW BUILT TO ORDER WITH LEAD TIMES BEING ABOUT 6 -8 WEEKS. PLEASE ORDER HERE AND/OR GET IN TOUCH ON 01223 655222 AND WE'D BE DELIGHTED TO DISCUSS YOUR SPECIFIC ORDER.
All of our bicycles are hand -built to order in a workshop in the beautiful Belgian countryside. This means we can offer you a dazzling array of options on or
BEG's beautiful Dutch bicycle Betty is a practical lass with her integrated front porter's rack but it's not at the expense of gorgeous good looks, and a jaunty, super-comfortable sit up and beg ride.
Betty has everything a Dutch bicycle could want - a hand-built lugged and brazed frame, 3-speed Shimano Nexus hub gears and roller brakes, an integrated hub dynamo with a stunning retro chrome headlamp not to mention all the finishing touches... a Brooks tan leather saddle, built-in AXA defender wheel and frame lock and the essential fully enclosed chain guard - so no unsightly chewed up hemlines!
See a BEG bicycle in action in our short film HERE.
Use the PINK ARROWS on the images on this page to scroll right to see lots more images and details of the bicycle and CLICK to enlarge.
We carry a VERY limited election of stock, so it's worth asking, but most of our bicycles are built to order and take 4- 6 weeks to deliver. We can ship a Betty to you in;
Frame Sizes: 50 and 53cm
Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub gears
Shimano roller brakes front and rear
Shimano built-in hub dynamo
Schwalbe Delta Cruiser cream-coloured tyres with puncture prevention technology and side-wall reflectors
Busch and Muller Lumotech retro chromed headlight
Spanninga tail light with safe-stop function
Brooks leather saddle - B66s in honey tan leather
Hebie bi-pod bicycle stand
Axa defender integrated wheel and frame lock
Chrome dring-dring bell
Colour-co-ordinated fully enclosed alloy chainguard
Facing hills and want a little big more flexibilty? Upgrade to an eight speed Shimano nexus hub to enhance your ride.
Your new BEG Bicycle will be shipped to you directly from our workshop in Belgium. Don’t worry - it won’t just turn up out of the blue! We will give you a call when it is ready to be shipped, and then our courier company will call you to arrange a day that is suitable for you to ensure that someone is home to receive it.
UK Shipping Charge £60.00
Please contact us for other shipping destinations
Nobody (except bike geeks) wants to open up a box and find a flatpack bicycle, so for that reason, our bicycles are what we call 98% assembled when they are shipped. The most that they will require is a small amount of assembly which usually only involves inserting and tightening handlebars and attaching pedals (we only take these off to make shipping less expensive).
Please note that we strongly recommend that your local bike shop carries out this assembly and that they check the bike before riding as well as completing a service within one month of riding. Beg Bicycles will NOT be liable if a fault arises due to incorrect assembly. Please keep the assembly receipt from the bike shop with your warranty.
Our bicycles are intended for use on roads and well-made paths.
No liability is accepted for damage caused through neglect, improper use (including off-road cycling), lack of regular servicing, road accident/collision, or anything other than faulty materials or workmanship.
- Beg Bicycles are covered by a 10-year unlimited mileage warranty for the main frame and forks, commencing from the date of purchase, for faulty materials or workmanship.
2. The fork and frame are guaranteed for 2 years against corrosion.
3. Non-wearing parts on your bicycle (crank arms, mudguards, etc.) are covered by a 2-year warranty.
4. Components which are expected to wear as part of their normal function, such as tyres, bulbs, chains, sprockets, brake pads etc. are excluded from the terms of this warranty, unless there is a manufacturing defect in the part.
5. Other items excluded from warranty are the saddle, luggage, paint, chrome, polished aluminium items, or decal where deterioration has been caused by normal wear and tear, exposure or lack of correct maintenance.
6. Any part found to be defective during the warranty period will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Beg Bicycles Ltd.
7. Beg Bicycles may, at its discretion, make repairs or replacement of defective parts falling outside the warranty period, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability.
8. This warranty is invalidated if you sell your bike. A warranty is not transferable under any circumstance.
9. Please keep records of all maintenance carried out by your local bike shop and please ensure you make these service records available, if requested, whenever service, repair or warranty work is undertaken on your bicycle.
10. Defects caused by faulty adjustment, or repairs and alterations are not covered by this warranty.
11. Defects caused by the use of non-original parts and accessories are not covered by this warranty
12. The warranty does not cover bikes used on a commercial basis, e.g. by couriers or despatch riders, rentals, etc.
13. Should a warranty claim become necessary, Beg Bicycles Ltd shall not be liable for expenses incurred while the bicycle is off the road, including costs associated with loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.
14. Should a warranty claim become necessary our Customer Services team will be happy to help. Please contact us to discuss.
15. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
16. This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any question(s) arising in connection with this Warranty are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
Bicycles built to order are non-refundable. We are not able to cancel orders or accept returns on any made-to-order items unless they are faulty or we have not followed your specification. Because of the bespoke nature of these products we would not be able to resell items made to a particular specification.
A stock bicycle can be returned but we charge a re-stocking fee of 10% of the purchase price. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item. The return courier charge is at your expense.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions of Contract by clicking here